Friday, April 2, 2010

Fruit Crunch Balls

I have been trying to think of healthy recipes that are simple and kid friendly. I was thinking about snakcs, something easy and tasty and that kids and adults can both like. Well while in the grocer store I was in the dried fruit section, and I saw fig, my mind went to fig newtons, man did I used to love those. So these easy snacks are my inspiration from fig newtons. I have two variations here, one with nuts and one without if your allergies. 

Fig and Date:
What you need:
-5 figs (dried)
-7 dates
-1/2cup chopped walnuts
-1 tsp honey
-Shredded coconut


  1. Combine all ingredients except coconut in food processor and blend until paste like.
  2. Form into balls and roll in shredded coconut.
  3. Store in frig until you eat them!

Apricot and Cranberry
What you need:
-6 dried apricots
-1/3 cup dried cranberries
-1/2 cup grapenuts
-2 tsp honey
-3 Tblsp orange juice

  1. Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until paste like.
  2. Form into balls and roll in coconut
  3. Store in frig.
    *If the balls are not sticking together add more honey and orange juice.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment