Thursday, April 29, 2010

Apple Spice Bread

I was so bored today sitting in my room so I decided to bake something, surprise surprise. So I looked around and grabbed what I could out of the pantry and this is what I came up with. And trust me, it's yummy. :D


What you need:
-2 cups flour (I used a mix of all-purpose and whole wheat)
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup applesauce
-1 Tbsp earth balance
-3 Tbsp ground flax seeds plus 9 Tbsp water, mixed well
-1/4 cup soy milk plus 1 tsp cider vinegar
-2 capfulls vanilla extract
-2 Tbsp cinnamon
-3/4 tsp nutmeg
-1 tsp allspice
-1/2 tsp cloves
-1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
-8 dates, chopped
-1/2 cup raisins
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for topping


  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Combine flax seeds, water, applesauce, earth balance, and sugar. Mix well.
  3. Add flour, spices, vanilla extract, soy milk and vinegar. Mix well.
  4. Fold in fruit and nuts.
  5. Pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake for 70-80 mins. You know when it is cooked when a knife stuck in the middle comes out clean.
  6. Let cool on rack...or you can eat it hot, its delicious either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment